Tuesday, May 18, 2010

A Wink And A Smile


I decided to try a different type of photography today. I really don’t do many buildings, but downtown La Crosse, WI has some interesting architecture. La Crosse sits on the banks of the Mississippi River which gives it a very long history. It really is pretty cool when you look at it.

I did not really plan my day well. I got everything ready to go so I could get the pics and left my house at noon. For those of you who don’t know, downtown La Crosse is an absolute mess during the noon hour. There are no parking spaces, and there are people everywhere. All I could do was laugh at myself. I knew better. Oh well! I did get a few photos. I just drove around for a bit and got a couple of pics of one of the older churches in the area.

After I got the photos, I decided to make my way to Walmart and get some supper items, but on my way back, I stopped at Kwik Trip to get a couple gallons of milk. (They bag their milk so if you ever hear me say I’m grabbing a bag of milk you’ll know what I’m talking about.) The funny part of that stop came as I was leaving. I was in the car, in reverse, waiting for another truck to pull out, when a young, Amish gentlemen got out of the truck right next to me. I was sure he was about Cari’s age, so I’m old enough to by his mom. Imagine my surprise when he looks right at me, gives me a wink, and smiles. I would have missed that if I hadn’t been late leaving the house. You see, procrastinating can sometimes cause you to experience something you find absolutely hilarious.

2 comments:

Evelyn said...

Happy TTA. I have made many visits to La Crosse for Watkins conventions. It is a great town with lots of beautiful architecture.

purseblogger said...

Following from Tuesday Tag Along.
Great blog!

Post a Comment

Template by:
Free Blog Templates