Saturday, May 8, 2010

My Grandson


Listening to my son play with his son is one of the funniest things I do these days. The little guy is 4 1/2, which means he’s full of it. He teases his dad all the time about everything. Of course, it goes both ways. They are constantly at each other about something and they always end it with, “I love you!”

One of the funniest things about the little one is how he sees the world. In his world, he can do anything and he tries everything. Last fall he loved going on the boat. We had it moored on Lake Onalaska and we took him out there several times. He always asked to drive it. Keith would turn the engine off and turn him loose at the helm. The “Little Captain” would take over with a focus rarely seen in a 4 year old. He would stand there and concentrate on his job. Of course, he can’t see over the helm, just around it and through the front door. He would turn the wheel and take off on a run, abandoning the helm, through the door, and straight to the front of the boat to see it turn. It’s just a good thing it had no power because we may have run into a wing dam.

I can’t wait to get him out there this year. I want to see his face when we go through the locks. He will really get a kick out of that. I doubt if Keith will turn over the helm to him for that. We may want to keep the boat. I wonder if anyone has ever lost a boat in the lock.

2 comments:

Roland D. Yeomans said...

I don't know about losing a boat in the lock. But I do believe you've lost your heart to your grandson.

Have a lovely Mother's Day and beauty and laughter in the days ahead. Roland

Chelsea said...

awww soo cute
i hope some time we get to come down and go around in the boat to=)




love
chelsea (chuck)

Post a Comment

Template by:
Free Blog Templates