Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Lost Again

I’m not sure how I feel about the ending for Lost. Richard said they were dead. But he claimed they were in the wrong place. What does it all mean? Here’s my take on the whole show and one scene on the last episode is what I’m hanging my thoughts on.

I think the scene with Jack and Rose on the plane says it all. We see the turbulence begin and then we hear Rose, “You can let go now”. Camera is on Jack. Again, “You can let go now”. Finally Jack looks up and then we see Rose saying, “You can let go now”.

My theory is simple. They died when the plane crashed. Jack’s father told him the world Jack knew of was his and his friends’ way of coming to grips with their own deaths. There is no time frame as it is relative. It could be a nanosecond or many years. To them it did not matter. We know that a large number of them were on the plane as we have been reminded over and over again throughout the series.

The ones who were there in the final episode that we know were not on the plane, could be their loved ones from any time in their lives. There is no way to tell how long the Oceanic passengers were on the island (or the waiting room as I call it). It could have been decades. The ones who showed up in the church at the end could have been waiting for some time or for just a moment. Who knows? I don’t think we’ll ever know what the writer’s intended.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Template by:
Free Blog Templates