Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Random Thoughts


I just had no idea of what to post today, so I came up with random thoughts. Some of you already think I have those frequently and they have no thread. Really random you know. I saw this today.

This afternoon I walked through the living room on my way to letting the dogs out when I glanced out the front window and saw an older gentleman riding a bicycle. The bicycle was an older model. No gears and no hand brakes. It was actually one of those cool old bikes you see hanging as wall art in some stores. That wasn’t the odd part. He was dressed in suit pants, shirt, and matching vest. I really wanted to know his story and get his picture, but he was gone by the time I got to the door. No time for the camera or even to say hello.

Sunday’s boat outing reminded me of how to just have common courtesy. We were on the river, traveling and scouting for an open sandbar. All of us were having a good time, but once in a while, a rude boater would come flying by. I’m talking about the ones who have more money than sense and they own the boats that go really fast and have the gas bills to prove it. You know the kind, tall, wide, and have a very deep draw. I mean our boat only draws about 18 inches. Their boats draw about 4 feet! I've included a picture for reference. We had two of them decide they were in some kind of hurry so they flew by us. If you’ve ever been in the wake of one of those boats, you will see your life flash before your eyes. Our 40 foot houseboat was rocked really hard. Next time, I’ll have to video camera out so I can catch them in the act. They are responsible for their own wake and they can be held accountable. Maybe I’ll be able to keep them honest. I know fat chance!

Those are my thoughts for today. Aren’t you glad you stopped by?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Template by:
Free Blog Templates