Monday, June 7, 2010

100th Post!

Yippee!!! Yee Haw!!! Hooray!!! It’s my 100th post!!!

I can’t believe I made it to 100. It seems like yesterday I was trying to figure out what to write about. I still do on occasion, but not as much as I did when I started. It seems that practice really does make perfect, maybe not in execution, but in volume.

Some may ask why I started this. After all, I’m not exactly the most outgoing person in the world and really don’t have much of a life outside my house and I go to school online. When I started this, I was still working and am currently unemployed. I think it became a real idea when I took my English Comp class for school. The “Lost Highways” story was the beginning. I had such fun writing in that class, I needed to continue. It also seems to be a great outlet for me to vent at times. I apologize for that but it is sometimes necessary so I don’t completely lose my senses.

I have dealt with writer’s block more than a few times. That is the reason I came up with the stories. I was trying to figure out how to keep this thing going because I really do like to write. My life is relatively small in scope. I don’t go out much so I don’t see a lot. When I get out and take photos for the photo blog, I tend to take a gazillion of them so I have a reserve. Since I only post those one at a time, I don’t run out of them. Writing is a different animal. Something has to strike me as blog worthy before my brain will wrap around it. Luckily, I have many useless ideas flitting through my head and you all are the honored recipients of those miniscule, fleeting moments.

I have to thank my kids for giving me many stories to relate to others. They have been, still are, and will continue to be my inspiration in life. They are awesome kids who, for some reason, still find time to say hi and I love you to me, no matter what they are doing. They have great senses of humor which gives me great fodder to continue writing.

There you have it. The reason I write is for the love of it. I hope you all continue to read it and sometimes enjoy it. Here’s to 100 more.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Template by:
Free Blog Templates