Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Boo & The Kid



Last Monday I was doing my thing in the house, you know the cleaning and homework things I do, when I was interrupted by a ridiculous amount of barking going on in the yard. I knew from the tone that Boo was not happy. He gets that way when there is something going on outside his fence, especially if there are kids taunting him out there. I thought it best I check it out.

I went out the front door because it was closest to where they were just to find some kid, (he was bigger than me), walking down the street, away from the house, and yelling at the top of his lungs. I asked him what the problem was and he told me my dog just bit him. What? He went on to say he was trying to pet the smaller dog, Maddy, when the big dog bit him. I was, of course, a little angry. Angry, you ask? Let me explain.

The fence is about 18 inches from the sidewalk. When I stand next to it, it comes roughly to my armpits. I cannot lean over the fence in any way standing next to it. That’s on the property. If anyone was standing on the sidewalk, there is no way they could reach across the fence. There you have it.

The kid would not come anywhere near me. I tried to get him to stop and he wouldn’t so I let it go at that point. About an hour later, a cop shows up at my door. He was actually apologetic. It turns out that the kid admitted to leaning over the fence to pet the “little dog” when he was bitten by the “big dog”. In other words, he was trespassing on our property, the only way he could have leaned over the fence, when he was confronted by a rather large and intimidating dog.

Now I’m sure that Boo warned him before he struck. I’ve seen it many times when he wants people to stay away from the fence. His hair is up and his teeth are bared. He is actually a little scary looking. The outcome of the story is simple. Boo had to be quarantined for 10 days here at the house. Tomorrow is his last day. That’s awesome. Poor boy doesn’t know why he can’t go outside to play and lay under his favorite tree.

The kid on the other hand, not only got bit and had stitches, but he also got a trespassing ticket. And before anyone thinks I’m a horrible person here, “the kid” is 19 and not mentally challenged. I asked.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Template by:
Free Blog Templates