Monday, August 2, 2010

Surprise!





Boy did I get a surprise on Friday. I was minding my own business, which usually means I’m online trying to get through some school stuff. It never ends. Anyway, I’m off subject. So let’s start over.

Oh yeah, minding my own business. I received a phone call from my brother at noon on Friday. Now my brother doesn’t call me during the day unless there is something wrong with my mom. (She’s had heart issues for years resulting in a quintuple bypass in 2007 and a stroke last year that almost killed her). So, I, of course, think he’s calling because Mom is in the hospital again with something else.

My first question was, “What’s going on?” To which he replied with his own question. “What are you doing for lunch?” Keep in mind they live 460 miles from here. It took about 2 seconds for me to ask him, “Where are you?” He then replies, “We’re in Viroqua.” That’s like 40 MINUTES FROM MY HOUSE!!!

Yes, he surprised me. Him and my SIL decided to take a weekend drive and thought they would take the drive to see me (and the kids). Apparently, he swore Mom and his wife to secrecy. They told him he should warn me and give me some time to prepare for the visit. But he insisted on making it a complete surprise. And it was.

I don’t keep a completely spotless house, but when someone is coming to visit, I tend to go a little crazy with the cleaning. I’m sure most of you do. I started freaking out when I started thinking about the house and why it was so bad. Boo had only been off quarantine the day before. He sheds like nobody’s business. I mean he is a one dog shedding machine that never stops running. When someone is coming I will vacuum 3 times a day for 3 days before they get here. It isn’t that it’s horrible other times, but it sure isn’t perfect. So I was in shock.

It was a nice surprise as we haven’t actually laid eyes on each other for almost 2 years. Between their schedule and things going on here, there hasn’t been time for us to go there so it was a great surprise and visit.

1 comments:

cwitgo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Post a Comment

Template by:
Free Blog Templates