Sunday, June 22, 2008

Observations

Since this my first blog, I thought I'd just give some of my background. So here it is, short and sweet. At 21, I got married and am still married to the same man. We have 4 children, one of whom we lost to cancer 4 1/2 years ago. Needless to say, life has been a series of ups and downs. During my adult life, I've observed many people and events and just thought I'd pass these along. Of course that means if you're reading this, you'll hear my opinion too. If you disagree, that's ok. Everyone's entitled.

I often wonder why some people think they have the right to be rude to others. Is there a sense of entitlement that gives that person the feeling they are superior? Is it that they do this to make themselves feel better? I am an avid supporter of the First Amendment so don't get the idea I agree with censureship. What I mean is, isn't there any sense of decency and just plain being nice to other people in them? This brings me to the next observation I have about people.

A friend of mine asked me if I thought people could really change. After some thought about that, I said no. I think that who you are as a child is who you'll be as an adult. I'm talking about the basic person. In other words, if you were the kid in school who made fun of others, you'll be the adult who is extremely critical of others. (He has a crazy girlfriend.) If you were the kid who sat on the sidelines, you will have a harder time in the confidence arena. You'll take more of a backseat instead of driving. If you are the kid who makes up stories to make yourself seem more important, you'll do the same as an adult. If you have a tough childhood, you'll be the adult who doesn't trust people.

I'm not saying this is the rule that can never be changed. I know people from all of these categories and not all of them continued the behavior as adults. They are the exceptions though. They are few and far between. What I am saying is that the vast majority of people carry these traits with them their entire lives. I do not have extremely close friends because of it. My mom is my best friend and my brother and his wife run a close second (so much so that it's kind of unfair to say they're second). I'll elaborate more on the supposed friends I've had over the years on later blogs.

Let me hear your take on people. I'm anxious to read them. Tell me how your life has brought to you this point in your life. Have you had "friends" that just tore you apart at a time when you needed support? I have. I'll share more later. cwitgo

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Template by:
Free Blog Templates